Ever feel like the days roll into weeks and the weeks roll into months so quickly and then suddenly, another year has passed? I know I sure do! We always set out at the beginning of the year with great ambitions to make a change whether it’s work, financial goals, ticking off bucket list destinations or health and fitness-focused targets.
Usually we are very hard on ourselves and too often set goals that are too overwhelming. One way to combat this is to set smaller daily or weekly challenges. You never know they may give you that sense of accomplishment and change you seek but in a more manageable way.
So here are a few ways to challenge yourself everyday, tick them off as you go about your day to day life, no major side tracking or change required but you may head to bed each night feeling positive that you haven’t sleep walked through another day. These challenges may bring new friends, learnings and experiences into your life.
1) Take a moment – life gets busy and filled with chores, meetings, to do lists etc. How often do you take 5 minutes to reflect or prep yourself for the day ahead? Step into a quiet place for a moment and give yourself time to breathe and regroup. Maybe this time can be used to reflect on earlier events or gather strength for what’s to come.
2) Learn something new – Challenging your brain by learning something new helps to keep your mind active and even creates new pathways in your brain- whether it’s a new word in your own language, making a paper plane, growing a plant, anything as long as it’s new to you!
3) Move more – Getting active has so many benefits for your body and soul. Take the longer way to work and walk it or set aside some time to stretch out and relax your body before bed. It can be a challenge to stick to a new routine, but you’ll feel much better if you keep at it over time.
4) Give a compliment – it’s selfless, kind and will make someone else feel great and in return you get to feel good too!
5) Taste something different – you need to eat everyday, right? Why not mix it up and pick a different fruit or veg for your dinner, or spice up the menu and try a new recipe. You could also try a new local restaurant or dish you haven’t tried before. Not to mention that new smells and tastes are said to have an affect on your behaviour, perception and overall health.
Already on a roll and ready for that big life-changing challenge?
Check our calendar and get signed up to an Inspired Adventure!
[mgl_instagram_user username=”inspiredadventures” cols=”6″ number=”6″]