Inspired Adventures and Cure Brain Cancer Foundation have worked together on many fundraising challenges over the years, and we are thrilled that 2020 is going to be another year of adventures to support the work of this incredible charity.

 

Most people are unaware that brain cancer kills more children than any other disease. Survival rates for brain cancer haven’t improved in the last 30 years and existing treatments such as chemotherapy and radiotherapy do not work for most people.

Cure Brain Cancer Foundation’s mission is to increase five-year survival to 50% by 2023. They do this by funding brain cancer research that offers patients accelerated access to promising new treatments. Developing innovative treatments is the only way to change the future of brain cancer.

Over the last five years, Cure Brain Cancer Foundation has invested more than $18 million in research. More than 90% was invested in Australia. The other 10% is helping to ensure that Australians have early access to world-class treatments as soon as they are available anywhere in the world. 

Last year, thanks to support from people like you, Cure Brain Cancer Foundation funded the biggest ever brain cancer research push in Australia’s history. They funded 25 world-class research projects, with 200 collaborators, across four continents, including supporting five new clinical trials.

With your help, Cure Brain Cancer Foundation can continue to challenge the status quo and deliver real options for people with brain cancer.

Trek4BrainCancer Nepal: exploring the foothills of the Himalayas

In February, our Trek4BrainCancer team left for Nepal after a year of fundraising and training for the adventure. We’re proud of how far the team have come—they have raised a total of $130,000 and counting! The funds will go a long way towards funding life-saving cancer research that can change the future of what it means to receive a brain cancer diagnosis.

Annapurna-2020-Cure Brain Cancer-Pokhara-and-Machhapuchhre-

On the Trek4BrainCancer Nepal, our team is trekking for six days through terraced rice fields, across pristine rivers and into dense rhododendron forest against the backdrop of spectacular mountains. We look forward to their return later this month and to hear all about their adventure!

If you’d like to help support the Trek4BrainCancer Nepal team you can donate here.

PHOTO-2020-03-02-21-19-44

Want to take on an Inspired Adventure?

Check out all our upcoming adventures in our adventure calendar.