The Kiss Goodbye to MS Great Wall of China Trek 2019 will help raise vital funds for game changing MS research.
*Register before 17 October and get $280 off your registration fee!
Winding its way across the north of China, from the Yellow Sea to the Gobi Desert, the Great Wall of China is one of mankind’s most impressive architectural accomplishments.
As part of this adventure, you’ll travel through history to the very heart of China’s ancient culture. Over five days, you’ll trek between mist-covered mountains, into local villages, across rolling farmlands and through dense forest.
With the support of expert guides, you’ll explore the many facets of the Great Wall, deciphering the ancient stories and poems etched into its watchtowers—every brick seeming to tell a story of war and adventure.
Swapping the majesty of the Great Wall for the hustle and bustle of Beijing, you are immediately immersed in China’s confounding and contrasting culture. Discover the ancient history of the Forbidden City and the Temple of Heaven, experience the poignancy of Tiananmen Square and marvel at the modernity of the 798 Art District. Best of all, you will raise vital funds for MS Research Australia to accelerate research into multiple sclerosis and ultimately find a cure.
There are currently 25,600 Australians living with MS and approximately 10 people will be diagnosed with MS every week.
Every dollar raised through Kiss Goodbye to MS Great Wall of China Trek 2019 will help fund more vital research and ultimately find a cure for MS.
- $50 will cover the hourly rate of a dedicated research assistant working in a lab to support senior researchers
- $100 buys 100 cryotubes to preserve a precious blood or DNA sample from people with MS. Our researchers simply couldn’t do their work without the necessary tools!
- $250 covers the cost to process one person’s blood sample. This is aimed at better understanding the genes and DNA sequencing in people with MS, which is essentially in developing better and new treatments.
- $500 funds a PhD student researcher for one week. In one week a researcher can conduct one full experiment to investigate and further understand the way cells of people with MS react, and why they react differently to people who don’t have MS. This is crucial in developing better treatments and better understanding MS – which ultimately leads to preventing the disease.
- $1000 would fund one week of a research fellow who is investigating the DNA and genetic factors of multiple sclerosis. Knowing how genes influence MS will allow us to develop new and better treatments. In one week a research fellow could collect and process more than 20 blood samples from people with MS.
- $2000 will fund one month of a PhD student researcher’s time. PhD researchers are investigating how MS could be prevented, conducting experiments to understand why the immune cells in people with MS react so differently to those who don’t have MS. Investing in PhD students secures the future of MS research, and in one month students begin to learn the skills and tools for a long career in seeking out solutions for people with MS.
19 - 27 October 2019
9 Day Trip
5 Day Challenge
Twin-share in 3-star hotels and homestay twin share
Registration fee: $770 (non-refundable)
*Register before October 17 2018 and get $280 off your registration fee!
Travel quote: $2,799
Fundraising Target: $3,500
Want to learn more? Enter your details in the form to instantly receive your information pack.
Ready to register? Click on the Register Now button to secure your spot on the team.
Questions? Give us a call on 1300 905 188.