As part of El Camino for the Kids, you will join a group of inspiring individuals dedicated to supporting the Ronald McDonald Houses in Victoria provide a home away from home for seriously ill children and their families.
On arrival in Madrid, Spain’s bustling capital city, you will set off on a guided tour, exploring the city’s highlights from past to present.
You’ll also have a special opportunity to meet the families staying at RMH Madrid, before embarking on the Camino de Santiago.
From Sarria to Santiago, you will trek under the shade of old oak trees into peaceful hamlets set against the rolling green backdrop of Galicia. At night, you will experience Spain’s colourful culture and cuisine.
On what other adventure can you follow in the footsteps of the Romans, the Knights Templar, pilgrims and modern day adventurers to Santiago de Compostela?
Best of all, every step you take helps raise vital funds for the Ronald McDonald Houses at Monash and Parkville to provide basic essentials to families caring for seriously ill children: somewhere safe and affordable to stay, close to their sick child.
No one should have to choose between paying the bills or caring for their sick child. We receive no government funding and need to raise over $3 million a year to keep both Victorian houses operating. “El Camino” is Spanish for “The Journey” and your fundraising will help make the journey our families are on that much easier.
By fundraising for RMH Monash and Parkville, you will be providing comfort, support and some of the most basic essentials to families caring for seriously ill children.
• $10 provides a child with a bedtime story book
• $20 funds 20 loads of washing
• $50 buys a set of pillows
• $130 provides accommodation for one family for one night
• $500 helps train a volunteer
• $1,000 provides a home-cooked meal for one night for everyone staying at RMH Monash and Parkville
• $5,000 helps renovate a playroom
Dates: 10 May – 19 May 2018
Registration fee: $770 (non-refundable)
Fundraising target: $3,500 (excludes travel)
Travel quote: $2,950*, including taxes
Trip duration: 10 days
Challenge duration: 5 days
Accommodation: Twin-share in 3 star hotels and guesthouses
Minimum age: 18 (younger ages considered on application)
*Subject to change
1. Want to learn more? Enter your details in the form to instantly receive your information pack.
2. Ready to register? Click on the Register Now button to secure your spot on the team.
3. Questions? Give us a call on 1300 905 188.