As part of this incredible adventure, you will challenge yourself like never before as you trek for five days along the legendary Inca Trail.
Best of all, you will be raising vital funds for White Ribbon Australia to support primary prevention programs and community engagement initiatives to help end men’s violence against women.
Peru inspires wonder at every turn. From high mountains to lush valleys, traditional Quechuan villages and mystical ruins, this beautiful country beams with cultural pride.
On this amazing adventure, you’ll trek the spectacular Inca Trail to Machu Picchu—considered one of the greatest treks in the world. With time to acclimatise in Cusco, you will follow a well-defined path under the care of experienced guides. Over four days you’ll traverse high passes and explore mist-shrouded ruins. You’ll descend into verdant valleys and camp under the stars.
Concluding at Machu Picchu, you’ll experience the majesty and mysticism of the ‘Lost City of the Incas’ and bask in its enigmatic grandeur.
Best of all, with every kilometre you cover you will be raising vital funds for White Ribbon Australia, enabling significant progress in current areas of priority such as technology, diversity and innovation.
White Ribbon Australia receives less than 10% funding from the Government and depends on the support of passionate people like you. Your fundraising efforts will support White Ribbon Australia’s sustainability, enabling them to strengthen and further develop primary prevention programs, community engagement initiatives and research to help end violence against women.
Together, we can create a nation that respects women, in which every woman lives in safety, free from all forms of men’s abuse.
As White Ribbon supporters, it is possible that participants on this Trek may have a personal connection to the cause and over the course of the adventure share their story or experience of violence with other participants. Such shared stories/experiences may trigger responses amongst others in the group. As you consider participating in Trek, it is important to reflect on how hearing these stories may affect you and the respect to be afforded to all.
White Ribbon Australia works in a primary prevention model to address the root causes of violence. Your fundraising efforts will play a critical part in helping us sustain and further develop the White Ribbon social movement that is now in its 14th year in Australia.
All funds raised on this adventure will enable significant progress in our current priority areas of technology, diversity and innovation.
As an organisation that receives less than 10% of our funding from the Government, we rely on the support of passionate people like you. Your fundraising will support our sustainability and enable us to strengthen and further develop our programs.
• $42 enables someone to take our online e-learning course. With the course segments continually reviewed and researched, we are able to keep this resource relevant and free to the public.
• $280 helps us translate our factsheets into different languages, creating accessible, relevant resources for culturally diverse groups so that language is not a barrier to access important information and support.
• $1,550 helps us design, print and distribute resources to support the community to start these challenging conversations.
• $2,700 will enable a community forum to raise awareness and start conversations within diverse communities. With indigenous women and girl’s 35x more likely to experience domestic violence, it’s important to support different communities to discuss this complex issue in a culturally relevant manner.
• $5,950 enables an innovation incubator – a workshop to help kick-start the development of new primary prevention models. This may include identifying target audiences such as universities, sporting clubs and young adults for specific initiatives to engage.
• $12,300 will help us empower role models in the community as Ambassadors, Advocates and supporters, providing the tools and resources they need to lead the conversation in their communities. Utilising our networks we link people and resources to support services, community groups and stakeholders to embed our programs and initiatives, enhancing the whole of community approach to drive social change.
To end violence against women, we must develop new creative and compelling campaigns, activities and programs to reach and empower every Australian. A donation of $26,000 would support the creation of an engaging campaign to reach more Australians with our message.
12 - 20 October 2019
9 Day Trip
5 Day Challenge
Twin-share in hotels and comfortable campsites
Registration fee: $770 (non-refundable)
Travel quote: $3,900
Fundraising Target: $4,000
Want to learn more? Enter your details in the form to instantly receive your information pack.
Ready to register? Click on the Register Now button to secure your spot on the team.
Questions? Give us a call on 1300 905 188.
Questions? Give us a call on 1300 905 188