NEW YEAR SALE! Register by 18 January and get $375 off your registration fee!
Ardoch’s Trek for Young Australians will help improve educational outcomes for children and young people in disadvantaged communities throughout Australia.
The Ardoch Trek for Young Australians 2019 brings together supporters from various Australian charities for an adventure trek in Central Australia. You’ll be part of an incredible team, raising awareness and funds for a cause close to your heart. You’ll stand united, as a team, on the Larapinta Trail, knowing the difference you’ve made.
On the Ardoch Trek for Young Australians 2019, you will trek the Larapinta Trail, regarded as one of Australia’s premier walking tracks. From the old Alice Springs Telegraph Station to the peak of Mount Sonder, the trail stretches 223 kilometres along the backbone of the West MacDonnell Ranges. Over 5 days, you will journey along the most spectacular and rewarding sections of the trail, trekking over 60 kilometres. You will follow Aboriginal Dreaming tracks and explore the beautiful mountains, valleys, rivers and the dramatic desert landscapes of the Red Centre.
By day, you will visit sites sacred to the Arrernte people and trek beside one of the world’s oldest river systems. At night, you will fall asleep to the sounds of native wildlife under a blanket of stars.
Best of all, you will raise vital funds for Ardoch to improve educational outcomes for children and young people in disadvantaged communities.
Ardoch is a children’s education charity focused on improving educational outcomes for children and young people in disadvantaged communities throughout Australia. More than 93 percent of our revenue comes from fundraising efforts. We rely on the support of the community to raise more than $2 million each year to fund our national education programs and mobilise our trained volunteers.
Every dollar you raise through this incredible adventure will help Ardoch to:
- Help children in disadvantaged communities realise their potential through full participation in education
- Mobilise volunteers from the community and workplaces to engage one-on-one with children to help improve their learning outcomes
- Deliver educational programs that promote literacy and STEM (science, technology, engineering and maths) learnings and enhance student aspirations by broadening their horizons
- Build capacity of schools and early years services by connecting them to volunteers, businesses, philanthropists, government, communities, and other service delivery organisations
- Advocate for policy change to reduce inequity in education
5 - 11 August 2018
7 Day Trip
5 Day Challenge
Twin-share in hotel and comfortable campsites
Registration fee: $770 (non-refundable)
Travel quote: $2,450 (land-only)
Fundraising Target: $5,000
Want to learn more? Enter your details in the form to instantly receive your information pack.
Ready to register? Click on the Register Now button to secure your spot on the team.
Questions? Give us a call on 1300 905 188.