Over 11 exciting days, you’ll ride and stride deep into the Cambodian countryside, pass by rice paddies, meet welcoming locals, and explore Cambodia’s unique historical landmarks. Best of all, you will raise vital funds for Catholic Mission to continue supporting projects in Cambodia, and see firsthand some of these life-changing projects.
Do you have an adventurous spirit? Are you looking for a challenge? Have you ever wanted to see how your generosity makes a difference through life-changing projects?
Join Catholic Mission’s Ride and Stride: Cambodia 2020, and you will not only explore scenic Cambodia, but you will be witnessing projects in action that benefit those in need.
• Embark on an incredible Cambodian adventure from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh.
• Immerse yourself in traditional Khmer culture as you cycle and trek across exquisite countryside, into rural communities and bustling cities.
• Explore impressive jungle temples and gaze upon the majestic spires of the World Heritage listed Angkor Wat.
• See firsthand some of the life-changing projects your funds make possible.
Catholic Mission is the Australian agency of the international Pontifical Mission Societies. Locally and globally, we answer the call to love God and love our neighbour, and work to establish the Reign of God through building communities of missionary disciples of Jesus who share their faith by proclaiming the Word, serving people in need, acting for justice and creation, and adopting child-focused development programs.
Catholic Mission primarily funds three different types of Church works:
• Work with children: projects that support children’s needs in areas such as health and nutrition, education and faith formation.
• Work with communities: projects that support the wider community, such as water and sanitation, healthcare and vocational skills. Our community work also supports the construction of church buildings.
• Work with Church leaders: projects for the training of priests and religious brothers and sisters in their initial years of training or novitiate.
Catholic Mission has a strong relationship with the Catholic Church in Cambodia, and the projects you will visit have either received funding from Catholic Mission in the past, or will receive future funding thanks to your support.
• $79 can cover the cost of one sack of seeds to support agricultural programs that teach students and the community sustainable farming techniques.
• $217 can cover the cost of sports equipment – such as balls, racquets and shoes – for children with disabilities for one month.
• $652 can cover the cost of nutritious meals for children through a feeding program in rural schools for six months, reaching over 1,600 students.
• $1,000 can contribute towards the cost of schools materials such as books, pencils and uniforms for students in rural areas.
10 - 20 January 2020
11 Day Trip
4 Day Challenge
Twin-share accommodation in 3-star hotels and homestays
Registration fee: $770 (non-refundable)
Travel quote: $2,799
Fundraising Target: $3,500
Want to learn more? Enter your details in the form to instantly receive your information pack.
Ready to register? Click on the Register Now button to secure your spot on the team.
Questions? Give us a call on 1300 905 188.
DOWNLOAD INFO PACK
Enter your details to receive the full itinerary and information pack with more about how the Ride and Stride adventure will help Catholic Mission continue their important work for children.