The Trek for Epilepsy is your chance to help provide education and support to stop epilepsy deaths, ensure kids get a good education, help people get and keep jobs, and ensure people feel safe and connected.
Explore Japan’s fascinating history and unique culture on this 10-day adventure through one of the historic highways of Japan—the Nakasendo, known as ‘the road through the mountains’.
The Nakasendo Way brings to life the majesty and ancient tradition of Japan. On this trek, you will gain insight into feudal Japan, the samurai warriors of the Edo Period and modern village life, while following some of the best-preserved sections of this ancient highway.
We begin in Kyoto, for a full-day city sightseeing tour before making our way through trees, parks and small villages, enjoying fine regional cuisine along the way—prepared by the friendly Japanese locals. You’ll cross towns Magome, Tsumago and Narai towards the bustling city of Tokyo, where you are free to explore its museums, grand temples, atmospheric zen gardens and fascinating modern sci-fi streetscapes.
Challenge yourself on the trail, learn more about Japan’s intriguing history and gain an authentic cultural experience on this incredible adventure. Best of all, your involvement will help the Epilepsy Foundation continue to expand their epilepsy support services.
Epilepsy Foundation is working to stop epilepsy deaths, ensure kids get a good education, help people get and keep jobs, and ensure people feel safe and connected. Funds raised through Trek for Epilepsy: Japan 2019 will ensure that we can continue with and extend our best practice programs education, information and support — through emergency medication training, epilepsy education and the information line. Here are a few ways the funds you raise from this challenge will help:
• $50 assists a teenager to attend a support group
• $120 funds one hour of our Information Support Calls with one of our trained professionals
• $200 enables a support worker to develop an Epilepsy Management Plan
• $250 supports workplace intervention to enable a person with epilepsy to keep their job
• $400 provides a nurse to train a family in emergency Midazolam administration
• $500 supports 3 families to attend an epilepsy information session
• $1,000 enables an epilepsy specialist information session
• $3,000 funds a memorial service for families who have lost someone due to epilepsy
• $15,000 enables an epilepsy conference to be held for professionals to understand new research findings.
04 - 14 April 2019
10 Day Trip
5 Day Challenge
Basic twin share in 3-star accommodation and Ryokan’s with traditional bedding
Registration fee: $770 (non-refundable)
Travel quote: $4,400 (flights excluded)
Fundraising Target: $3,500
Want to learn more? Enter your details in the form to instantly receive your information pack.
Ready to register? Click on the Register Now button to secure your spot on the team.
Questions? Give us a call on 1300 905 188.