Winding its way across the north of China, from the Yellow Sea to the Gobi Desert, the Great Wall of China is one of mankind’s most impressive accomplishments. As part of this adventure, you’ll travel through history to the very heart of China’s ancient culture.
Over five days, you will challenge yourself like never before as you trek on remote and unrestored paths, between mountains, through local villages and across rolling farmlands. With the support of our expert guides, you’ll explore the many facets of the Great Wall, deciphering the ancient stories and poems etched into its watchtowers, every brick seeming to tell a story of war and adventure.
You will also get to explore the contrasting personality of Beijing, immerse yourself in the ancient history of the Forbidden City and the Temple of Heaven, and experience the poignancy of Tiananmen Square.
Best of all, you’ll be helping Kidney Health Australia on their mission to support those affected by kidney disease.
• 1 in 3 Australians is at increased risk of kidney disease
• 90% of kidney function can be lost without experiencing any symptoms
• Every day, 60 Australians die with kidney-related disease
• Kidney disease currently affects an estimated 1.7 million Australians
• 12,461 Australians are on dialysis
• Most dialysis patients need treatment at least 3 days a week for 5 hours a day to stay healthy
• 955 Australians are waiting for a kidney transplant
• The average waiting time for a transplant is about 3 years, but waits of up to 7 years are not uncommon
• Kidney disease contributes to approximately 15% of all hospitalisations in Australia
By taking part in the Great Wall Trek and supporting the work of Kidney Health Australia, you can help improve the lives of Australians affected by kidney disease.
Dates: 26 May – 5 June 2018
Registration fee: $770 (non-refundable)
Fundraising target: $3,500 (excludes travel)
Travel quote: $4,450*, including taxes
Trip duration: 11 days
Challenge duration: 5 days
Accommodation: Twin share in 3 star hotels and guesthouses
Minimum age: 18 (younger ages considered on application)
*Subject to change
1. Want to learn more? Enter your details in the form to instantly receive your information pack.
2. Ready to register? Click on the Register Now button to secure your spot on the team.
3. Questions? Give us a call on 1300 905 188.