Register by 29 November 2019 and get $280 off your registration fee!
Join Kiss Goodbye to MS’ biggest challenge yet and trek 100km across Tuscany to raise funds for life-changing MS research!
Join the Kiss Goodbye to MS team on this 9 day adventure through Italy’s remarkable landscapes of Tuscany and walk 100 kilometres to help raise funds for life-changing MS research.
You’ll begin your adventure exploring the region’s capital of Florence and put your endurance to the test as you make your way alongside the ancient road of Via Francigena. Take in the sweeping hillsides of olive groves, flower fields and the cobblestone streets of quaint towns as you make your way to the UNESCO-listed medieval town of San Gimignano. You’ll learn about Tuscany’s architectural and historical charm as the birthplace of the Renaissance and visit iconic landmarks such as the Leaning Tower of Pisa.
Enjoy the world-renowned cuisine in company of your like-minded teammates, and celebrate all that you have achieved as you’ve raised vital funds for MS Research Australia to help Kiss Goodbye to MS once and for all.
This adventure is your opportunity to challenge yourself, get fit and discover this breathtaking part of the world. And whilst you embark on the walk of a lifetime, you’ll make unforgettable memories and raise funds for life-changing research targeting prevention, better treatments and a cure for MS.
MS is the most common acquired chronic neurological disease affecting young adults, with diagnosis commonly between 20-40 years old. There are currently 25,600 Australians living with MS, and approximately 10 people are diagnosed every week.
Research is the key to change these statistics forever. Every dollar raised by you through the Kiss Goodbye to MS Tuscany Trek will help MS Research Australia fund life-changing research into MS. It’s not a matter of ‘if’ a cure is found, it’s a matter of ‘when’.
- $127 will cover the costs of deep freezing a brain in liquid nitrogen for a month.
- $255 will cover the cost to process one person’s blood sample used to gain a better understanding of the genes and DNA sequencing in people with MS.
- $511 funds a PhD student MS researcher for one week. In one week, a researcher can conduct one full experiment to investigate the way cells of people with MS react, and why they react differently to people who don’t have MS. This is crucial in developing a better understanding of MS – which ultimately leads to preventing the disease.
- $1,410 will enable a MS researcher to sequence all genes in a human body.
- $2,044 will fund multiple MRI scans for research participants.
- $5,372 will fund a digital microscope to visualise biological processes.
7 - 15 September 2020
9 Day Trip
5 Day Challenge
Twin-share in hotels
Registration fee: $770 (non-refundable)
Travel quote: $2,999
Fundraising Target: $3,500
Want to learn more? Enter your details in the form to instantly receive your information pack.
Ready to register? Click on the Register Now button to secure your spot on the team.
Questions? Give us a call on 1300 905 188.