Register by 23 August and get $280 off your registration fee!
Take on El Camino de Santiago with The OTIS Foundation so that more people experiencing breast cancer can regroup and reconnect at an OTIS retreat.
The OTIS Foundation’s 2020 El Camino Adventure is a chance for ordinary Australians to take on an extraordinary adventure and raise funds to help more families experiencing breast cancer receive compassionate, practical support. They’ll have fun while doing good.
Sounds like an adventure for you? Here’s what’s in store:
On arrival in Madrid, Spain’s colourful capital city, you’ll set off on a guided tour, exploring the city’s highlights from past to present. You will then travel beyond city limits to follow the footsteps of the Romans, the Knights Templar, pilgrims and modern day adventurers on El Camino de Santiago.
Trekking for five days from Sarria to Santiago, you’ll explore the spectacular landscapes of the Galician countryside. You will pass medieval villages where you’ll discover Romanesque churches and traditional restaurants with home-cooked Spanish delicacies. Completing your trek in Santiago de Compostela, you’ll receive your official pilgrim certificate and cheers to the wonderful achievements of the whole group.
This life-changing experience is not only your chance for an extraordinary adventure, it will help OTIS give more families experiencing breast cancer a chance at reconnection and relaxation.
All funds raised on this adventure will go towards The OTIS Foundation’s retreat program.
“Each year, The OTIS Foundation makes close to 3,500 nights of retreat accommodation available. While this is an impressive accomplishment, the number of people waiting for a stay has escalated. We currently have more than 400 on our waitlist and our goal remains to raise funds to enable us reduce the waitlist to as close to zero as possible.”
Lisa Farrar, The OTIS Foundation CEO
The goal of the Camino Adventure is to raise $150,000 to gift an additional 2,000 nights at no cost to families facing the challenges of breast cancer, which will help reduce the waitlist significantly.
- $25 will cover the cost of providing the linen for a family during their stay at an OTIS breast cancer retreat.
- $75 can make a big impact by gifting a night to a family to spend time away together and escape the challenges of breast cancer.
- $150 will cover the cost of providing a weekend stay at one of our national network of breast cancer retreats.
- $525 covers the costs associated with providing a week-long getaway for families to escape the emotional challenges of breast cancer and create special memories together.
- The $3,500 fundraising target will enable The OTIS Foundation to cover the cost of gifting six week’s worth of stays.
- A $5,000 fundraising stretch target will cover the cost of providing an OTIS retreat for 12 months.
5 - 13 September 2020
9 Day Trip
5 Day Challenge
3-Star hotels and guesthouses, twin share
Registration fee: $770 (non-refundable)
Travel quote: $2,999
Fundraising Target: $3,500
Want to learn more? Enter your details in the form to instantly receive your information pack.Ready to register? Click on the Register Now button to secure your spot on the team.Questions? Give us a call on 1300 905 188.
DOWNLOAD INFO PACK
Enter your details to receive the full itinerary and info pack with more about how the how the 2020 El Camino Adventure will help support those facing the challenges of breast cancer.