Trek the iconic Kokoda Track for The Smith Family
In Australia today, more than 662,000 children are living in jobless families. For these children, the effects of their family’s financial disadvantage go beyond the pressures of not having enough money for the basics; it can prevent them from accessing the same educational and life opportunities as their peers.
As part of The Smith Family Kokoda Trek 2017, you will raise vital funds for our Learning for Life program that helps young Australians in need create better futures for themselves through education.
On this incredible adventure, you will trek the Kokoda track by day, open to the harsh and inspiring beauty of Papua New Guinea’s ever-changing landscape. Not for the faint-hearted, this truly is a once-in-a-lifetime adventure!
Best of all, with every step you take, you will help The Smith Family build a better future for young Australians in need.
With every step they take along the Kokoda Track, this team is helping to build a better future for young Australians in need
• $200 pays for a school essentials pack to help a disadvantaged student with necessities like school shoes, sports kits, stationery and excursions
• $576 provides financial assistance and dedicated educational support to a student for one year through the Learning for Life program
• $750 gives five students the opportunity to have reading books and be matched with a trained reading buddy for 18 weeks who works with them to improve their reading skills
• $1,000 funds a life-changing intensive leadership course to help disadvantaged students build motivation and self-confidence, learn about teamwork and develop the intellectual and emotional skills they need to chart a successful career path
• $3,000 sponsors a disadvantaged tertiary level student for one year, assisting with educational essentials required to complete their degree
With your support, together we can open a child’s mind to a world of opportunity and a future full of possibility.
[mgl_instagram_user username=”inspiredadventures” cols=”6″ number=”6″]