Start spreading the news … you could be heading to The City That Never Sleeps – the ever changing, melting pot of cultures and epicentre of the arts – New York, New York.
New York City wears many crowns, and for a good reason. It’s a destination that people dream of visiting; a true city slicker’s delight. It is also home to one of the best and most iconic road marathons in the world.
It’s true – just walking through this awe-inspiring city is an incredible experience. Now picture yourself pounding the pavements of this concrete jungle on Team Variety in the 2018 TCS New York City Marathon.
As you run from Staten Island to Manhattan and cross the Queensboro Bridge, you’ll feel yourself digging deeper as you push yourself to reach that finish line in Central Park, millions of people on the sidelines cheering you on.
Not only will you have completed the TCS New York City Marathon, you’ll also have raised the vital funds to support Variety to give Aussie kids in need a fair go.
Variety – the Children’s Charity believes that all kids deserve a fair go in life. This is why they support kids who have a disability, chronic illness, who are facing geographic isolation, financial hardship or require critical care.
What will my impact be?
The funds raised in this adventure will be used to support Aussie kids in need through:
Grants: a range of items to provide practical help for individuals and organisations in need, including medical and mobility supplies, equipment, technology, vehicle modifications, educational resources, feeds, nappies, wigs and Sunshine Coaches.
Services: we offer a Rare Care Service to help families who have a child with a rare disease or condition by providing practical case management assistance.
Programs: we run programs to educate and empower kids.
Scholarships: to celebrate kids’ achievements in the arts, sport and education and provide support to achieve their full potential and follow their dreams.
Kids Events: exciting events that allow kids to have fun, meet new people and participate in new experiences, encouraging engagement with their community.
Marathon date: Sunday, 4 November 2018
Physical activity: Marathon
Accommodation: 3 or 5 nights twin-share in 4-star hotel
Fundraising target: $10,000
Travel quote: Accommodation packages from $2,395*
Registration fee: $770 registration fee (non-refundable)
Challenge grade: 5/5 (challenging)
*Flights not included. Single supplement applies. Subject to change.
1. Want to learn more? Enter your details in the form to instantly receive your information pack.
2. Questions? Give us a call on 1300 905 188.
FIND OUT MORE
Of course! We have had adventurers aged 16 to 84 take part in our charity challenges, all united by their sense of adventure.
Our adventures are specifically designed for people who are relatively fit and willing to train. What better motivation is there to get fit than knowing you are doing it for an important cause?
Upon registration, we will send you a Marathon pack filled with advice and resources on preparing for the race. While fundraising and fitness are your responsibility, our expert team is here to guide you to the finish line.
Throughout your adventure journey, we will connect you with your fellow adventurers and Variety NSW via email, phone and social media.
Let’s break it down. The cost of participating in an Inspired Adventure includes:
The registration fee $770 is required to confirm your spot (non-refundable)
The travel cost – Accommodation packages start from $2,395*
*Subject to change
Past adventurers have successfully fundraised in many creative and fun ways. As soon as you register, your dedicated fundraising team will work with you to create a comprehensive fundraising plan and help you set up your online page. One of our fundraising coaches will contact you regularly with ideas, advice, encouragement and plenty of inspiration!
For many of our fundraisers, achieving their fundraising target is as simple as reaching out to family, friends, networks and their community. From fundraising classics such as trivia nights, movie nights and sausage sizzles, to more out-of-the-box fundraising ideas, your fundraising coach is on hand to help you develop and implement the best ideas to ensure you reach your goal.
- Guaranteed entry to the TCS New York Marathon 2018 held on Sunday, 4 November (runners only)
- 3 or 5 nights twin-share accommodation in 4 star hotel*
- Half day sightseeing tour (5 day itinerary only)
- Confirmed entry in the 5km Dash held on Saturday morning (5 day itinerary only)
- Official TCS New York City Marathon 2018 souvenir running shirt (runners only)
- Coach transfer to the marathon starting line
- Meet & Greet Function
- FC Sports & Events Representative for on-the-ground support
- FC Sports & Events running singlet personalised with your name (runners only)
- Service Charges and local VAT Tax
- Airport Transfers
- Pre-marathon dinner organised by New York Road Runners
- Post-marathon celebratory drinks for runners and non-runners – 2 hour event
- A week’s Metro Pass for transport around New York City
*Subject to change until travel packages are released.
- Airfares – Speak to Flight Centre who can manage your flights
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Meals and drinks not mentioned in itinerary
- Services transfers or activities not mentioned
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities