At Inspired Adventures, we understand that how we collect, use, disclose and protect your information is important to you.
Information we collect about you
In, in the course of providing adventures, which we also call challenges, Inspired Adventures may collect and hold personal information such as:
- your name, date of birth, gender, postal address, telephone number, email address, passport details, medical information and travel insurance details;
- details of the adventures we have provided to you or which you have enquired about, together with additional information necessary to provide those adventures and to respond to your enquiries; and
- additional information relating to you that you or a third party has provided to us directly or indirectly through our phone enquiry lines, websites, online presence, customer surveys or to our representatives.
When you are participating in an adventure, we may take video and images of you that may be used in brochures, in our marketing, in our advertising or on our website. All participants in our challenges authorise us to use his/her image (such as a photograph, videotape, film or pictorial representation or recorded voice). If you do not wish for us to use your image, please notify us in writing using the contact details below.
How do we collect personal information?
You may volunteer this information when you request information from us, contact us (and vice versa), make a registration for an adventure, register interest for an adventure, subscribe to one of our newsletters, use our website(s)/apps, link to or from our website(s)/apps, connect with us via social media, by speaking to a consultant or any through any other engagement we have with you.
We may also receive the information from a third party, for example:
- from people making registrations on your behalf;
- from market research and data companies contracted by us to obtain information so that we may improve and market our adventures;
- from partners and operators performing services on our behalf; and
- your insurer, their agents or medical staff may disclose relevant information and sensitive personal information with us in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of participants in an emergency.
We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
You represent and warrant to us that you have obtained all required consents and are fully authorized to disclose all personal information you provide to us in connection with adventures booked.
Why do we collect, use, hold and disclose your information?
We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of customer service.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your information for the following purposes:
- administering services we are providing to you such as arranging your adventure
- some countries will only permit travel if you provide your advance passenger data. These requirements may differ depending upon your destination. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate
- manage our relationship with you, including updates about your adventure and handling complaints to contact you in the event of an emergency
- combining information collected from you at different times for the purpose of research and analysis to provide a better customer experience, including customising online content for you
- to identify and tell you about services we think you may be interested in, including sending email newsletters or sending printed materials to your postal address
- providing relevant information, which may include sensitive personal information, to insurers, their agents and medical staff in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of participants or in an emergency.
- to make improvements to our site(s) and make it easier to find the information you are looking for
- for identification of fraud or error or for regulatory reporting and compliance
When you provide your email address to Inspired Adventures to register for an adventure, your contact details may be retained even if the registration is not completed. These details are captured using a secure service. This is so we can assist you in future with registrations, and as a result of this you may receive a follow-up enquiry email. This email will contain information on what action, if any, you can choose that will direct us to cease any further contact with you or destroy the personal information we have collected about you.
We are only permitted to store your personal information for as long as necessary having regard to the purposes for which it was collected or a related or ancillary purpose. We may therefore delete your personal information after a reasonable period of time and, if you have not used our services for some time, you may have to re-enter or re-supply your personal information to us.
Who do we disclose your information to?
We may disclose your personal information as follows:
- We may share information with third parties in limited circumstances without your consent where we reasonably believe the disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or for certain action to be undertaken by an enforcement body (e.g. prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences), where disclosure is authorised or required by law or disclosure is otherwise permitted by applicable privacy laws.
- In order for you to travel overseas, we may disclose your personal information where disclosure is required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination to process your information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes.
- Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is secure, as the internet is inherently insecure, any personal information or other information you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
How do I access and correct my personal information?
You can enquire about personal information we hold about you by using the contact details below. We will need to verify your identity before disclosing personal information. Please allow up to 10 business days for us to process your request. However we will endeavour to deal with your request sooner.
You can ask us to update any inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date information we hold about you using the contact details below. There is no fee to make an enquiry or request in relation to your information, or for us to add to, correct or update our records.
There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
Marketing and privacy
We may from time to time use your personal information to identify new or existing products that we believe may be of interest to you. We may communicate this via email, phone or your postal address. If you no longer wish to receive these updates via email, you may opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link or responding unsubscribe to the sender of the message. You can contact us using the contact details below to opt-out of receiving phone and postal updates. You can opt-in in future if you wish to receive these updates again.
We comply with the Spam Act 2003 and do not share, sell or rent information to any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing.
Lodging a complaint
If you believe that your privacy has been breached, please contact our Privacy Officer using the contact information below and provide details of the incident so that we can investigate it.
We request that complaints about breaches of privacy be made in writing, so we can be sure about the details of the complaint. Our Privacy Officer deals with privacy complaints and any complaints should be directed to our Privacy Officer using the contact details below. We will attempt to confirm as appropriate and necessary with you your understanding of the conduct relevant to the complaint and what you expect as an outcome. We will inform you whether we will conduct an investigation, the name, title, and contact details of the investigating officer and the estimated completion date for the investigation process.
After we have completed our enquiries, we will contact you, usually in writing, to advise the outcome and invite a response to our conclusions about the complaint. If we receive a response from you, we will assess it and advise if we have changed our view.
We will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your query or complaint is resolved in a timely and appropriate manner.
Privacy Officer – Laura Casaceli
E – email@example.com