Trek Australia’s Tarkine & Cradle Mountain region in ruggedly beautiful Tasmania
As part of this adventure, you will spend seven days immersed in the inimitable beauty of Tasmania’s Cradle Mountain National Park and Tarkine rainforest..
Setting off from Launceston, you will trek to the pristine Philosophers Falls before following a narrow path through towering trees to your cabin accommodation in the heart of the Tarkine.
From Mount Donaldson to the Savage River, you will feel as though you are walking amongst the forests of fairy tales; only to then discover the history of a thousand years’ past as you explore Aboriginal middens that dot the unbroken Tarkine coast.
Trek to Montezuma Falls, where temperate forest flora reclaims the pioneering efforts of a bygone era. Hike the peaks surrounding Cradle Mountain and journey through the Promised Land to the Alum Cliffs.
With your challenge complete, you will enjoy the long drive back to Hobart, whiling the hours away watching as the wilderness returns to urbanity.
• Discover the giant forests, sweeping beaches, rugged mountains and pristine rivers of Tasmania’s Tarkine forest
• Feel small again as you wander between towering myrtle and sassafras trees in a region of World Heritage significance
• Glide down the Pieman River out to the untouched Tarkine Coast
• Trek the Tarkine for GetUp! and take action for Australia
Day 1: Arrive Launceston, begin trek
Day 2–3: Trek Cradle Mountain National Park
Day 4-6: Trek the Tarkine
Day 7: Conclude trek, transfer to Hobart
Please note: Itineraries are subject to change and should be used as a guide only.
• Adventure type: Trek
• Trip duration: 7 days
• Challenge duration: 7 days
• Challenge grade: 3.5/5 (moderate)
• Accommodation: Group-share in comfortable lodges (single supplement applies)
UPCOMING TASMANIA ADVENTURES